Monday, December 13, 2021

Africa

I was born in Africa,told that this was the unique continent,the beautiful one since black our brown skin was so awesome,sweet and I wasn't told,no I didn't know that I  I was born in third world country,I wasn't told that the beauty came from within that the black no the dark skin color wasn't appreciated,we were slaves and still stigmatized.

I woke up in Africa, knowing we can speak different languages, diversified with different cultures ohh, we look amazing in our traditional attires, culture so unique but,but I didn't wake up to know that I'll be circumcised come my 14th birthday,that I'll be married off before 16 ,that in my tradition I can't speak up to my husband,that I'll be widowed and married off to my husband's brother, that'll be cursed be it known that I like another girl, that I'll be considered an outcast was I to own my land.

I studied in Africa, admiring the pride in us, we religious and self-centered since, we'd rather dig our graves before our death comes, for we build churches to pray in to get jobs, but, but while traveling all I could see was bleaching skin to look white,was dressing like the western culture,were thieves who couldn't appreciate whatever were in their plates, was beggars who couldn't account their funds,were men who define beauty by asses and breasts,were depressed souls, alcoholics 

This is Africa,you think it's green but it's dark like Leakey

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome way to address the African life. Charlotte to the worldπŸ₯³πŸ™ŒπŸ½πŸ‘πŸΎ

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wide life perception.. Girl, you're going places.

    ReplyDelete